Choosing an Egg Donor
Choosing an egg donor is both subjective and objective for couples and it can be an overwhelming process. Below are some things to consider that may help:
- Find out what criteria both you and your partner are looking for.
- Prioritize your mutual criteria.
- Start your search broad and then narrow down your search results.
- Think long term, in terms of what relationship you wish to have with the potential donor. Do you wish for an anonymous donation or potentially a partially or fully open donation?
- Other attributes to consider are donor’s and donor’s family medical and genetic history, physical characteristics, IQ, and proven success of egg donation.